There are times in everyone’s life where life doesn’t seem all that lacksadaisical.
Times when you feel like everyday is a replay of the time you just demolished all of your chocolate Lindt Bunny. (Shit, I can’t believe I just reminded myself of that time!)
Times where you feel like you’re walking through this life cold and alone....
(Here is a picture of my nephew-dog Bobby.
He’s the best at being cute-pathetic.)
It’s as if a Shakespearian Voodoo Witch Queen
has put a pox on your houses....
....(I’m not sure what this “growth” in the bathroom is, but I’m pretty sure it could be a pox on my houses. )
At times like these friends surprise you with their awesomeness.
Friends are like…. the miracle of seeing three monkeys Jesus’ competing at the Willoughby counsel synchronised swimming carnival.
I’ll leave the next space blank so that you can employ your vast and powerful imagination to create your own image...
(IMAGE CREATED BY THE POWER OF YOUR MIND)
However, as far as simile’s go the monkey Jesi are a weak comparison. Monkey Jesus miracles are kind of a flash in the pan… a chlorinated flash in the pan, whereas friends….friends are….
Well they make the world a little bit more like you’ve just been sent a million peony roses.
They are honest when they need to be and they lie a little bit when deemed necessary:
Scenario 1. Non-friends:
You: I’m thinking of launching a rocket to the moon.
Others: Have you any training as an Aeronautical engineer? No. Not even an undergraduate degree in Astro-physics? No. A TAFE course in rockets then?
You: Yes, what a silly notion that was. Silly me. I'll just be in my prison room.
Scenario 2. Friends:
You: I’m thinking of launching a rocket to the moon.
Friends: Aaaaahhhhhhh Aaaaawesome. The moon is the best!
You: Bloody oath it is!! Come and watch!! ….but you have to bring your own safety glasses, I’ve only got one pair and they’re broken.
They remind you that you’re dreams aren’t silly and are worth pursuing and inspire you to break out of your prison room and into song. That song may well be the Happy Days theme tune, it may also be a song by Madonna or Olivia Newton John. They’ll probably even join in.
They are surprising, funny, generous, and amazing.
Beyond words really.
They make you’re heart feel like a light made of colourful umbrellas.
And you realise you and your colourful umbrella heart don’t always have to be on the outside of things
The support of friends is more deeply valuable than any words in this blog could articulate. Truly, I can’t adequately represent how grateful I am to you, so all I can say is:
Thank you. Ellibelli x
1 comment:
Peony roses always make me smile and think of you. x
Post a Comment